Tuesday, July 30, 2013

SECOND PART OF MY GET-A-WAY

PYMATUNING STATE PARK…
This is the main damn and gate house…use Google and find out more about the state park that spans two states…here are some peeps that rented kayaks …the people from Riverside Park ….hauled their kayaks up for the festival…it was limited where you could go but looked like fun….
072913083032
This is the over flow to the right of the gate house…I wonder how often it over flows…there were some nice pretty lily pads floating around…
008
Other events at the festival…
Here are some Civil War reenactments going on…a group had set up camp…this was the firing of a canon….Maggie did not like this at all…..was a little hard on the ears…and she was scared…after that for about and hour she was very needy and wanted carried around.. 
003
I also walked around their encampment and found a few interesting things…the first tent I came to (below) looked like it might have been and officers tent…sleeping in back and table/desk and daily needs in front..there was no one around to ask…
013
Then I ran across this …a stove…now not sure I would want to haul this thing around to cook on..like the tripod with cast iron – open fire cooking better…
017
but if you were cooking for an army this would be much better…put the fire wood in the box and cook many items at one time on the top,…
018
This lady was cooking something called banana butter…like apple butter,,,it did not look so good but it sure smelled good..I told her it smelled wonderful …then she told me it also had rum in it …no wonder!
016
lol…and this below is a whole new level of what goes on around the “water cooler” at the office…
019
The rest…
There were some old tractors…not the civil war era but still old..the were all refurbished and had shiny new paint jobs on them… kind of boring to me…now if they were really old and not painted I think that would have been interesting…there were pontoon boat rides, Abe Lincoln was walking around giving out pennies along with a short history lesson…lot of good food…band playing good music…and just nice sitting by the lake…nice sunny day on Sunday…getting closer to my first moving yard sale..so  I will be setting up my tables on wed/thru so I can have a head start on the sale by opening on Friday…might rain on Sat. …I bet you all will be glad when all my sale stuff is finally done and I have something to blog about…lol..all for now thanks for looking and come back soon….. blessings G&M  

No comments:

Post a Comment