Tuesday, April 13, 2010

CACHE ON SUN & UPDATE

TRAIL CACHE
OLD RR BED TRAIL

HIDDEN CACHE


THE CACHE
WEATHER:Today cold temp 55 cloudy
This is a cache I found on Sunday, it is located on old Rail Road bed trail. This part of the trail is in Jamestown Pa. Jamestown is the start of Pymatuning State Park where the main damn is located. This trail runs along the Shenango River, which was part of the old Erie Canal. The RR was the old toe path of the canal. I have not walked this trail yet but hope to get some hiking on it done this summer. The Canal went from Lake Erie to the Ohio River in Pittsburgh area. Lots of history here in north west PA. if nothing else. I was an easy cache to find with my GPS. I have been looking for birds and wild flowers on some of my outings but not much luck.
Started working on the house, son came in and helped me rip up the carpet in the bathroom, so now I will scrub and start painting. I have a leaking claw foot tub. Not good, but son thinks he
can fix it. We talked and I think plan to sell, right now has been changed to rent. If I rent it out now it will be less work to get ready. So that might me the answer right now, esp. till the housing market picks up
I need to get my fishing licences , I was going to get life time one in June when I turn 65 but if I am not going to be living in PA I will wait on that and get one yr at this time. Can't wait to go fishing. Well that's all for now, stay tuned and see what tomorrow brings.
Don't forget you can click on the pic's to enlarge.
Happy Caching
G&M


3 comments:

  1. The Erie Canal didn't go along the Chenango River, the Chenango Canal did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those migrating birds ought to be arriving in PA any day now. Keep your ears peeled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy I am waiting!

    Eric check my new post, I think we are talking about 2 diff. rivers

    ReplyDelete