Tuesday, June 24, 2014

RAIN RAIN ….GO AWAY

Well what more can you say…

about rain…except the word flooding…again  early last  evening it started again..this is the second time in 6 days with rain in-between almost every day ….street flooded covering grass on the other side of the street…

2014-06-18_19-28-46_818

A river running down my sidewalk I was standing on the porch taking this…

2014-06-18_19-28-21_977

A lot of this water is run off from the street that is above us…we live on a slight hill more like just a slow rise..but enough to cause a lot of problems when it rains this hard or for prolong time….I live in a hundred year old house…on an old sand stone foundation…that is what they used back in the day…so I have a wet basement…very wet when this happens…I put dry lock on the walls in the last two years and that helped a lot…but still gets wet…when the ground is flooded out side and looks like a lake… I have fans and a dehumidifier running all day every day.neighbors posted about the problem on their face book page…so it is just not me….these old houses were all built about the same time…

2014-06-18_19-29-25_5Flowing like a river my sidewalk..

Maggie pic of the day…

Or should I say night….this was her the other night after we got into bed…it was just to cute I had to grab my phone and take it…it was a little dark not the best pic ….some how she got herself all balled up in the quilt ready for bed…she just laid there looking at me..”ok I am ready lights out please” she closed her eyes just as I took the pic…to cute….

2014-06-18_22-47-30_103

The rest of the story….

I have been slowly painting the wood work and cabinets…I paint awhile then go and elevate my legs…I am sure some of the positions I get into on and off the ladder are not good for them…cant wait until this is all done…so I can have some fun this summer…(rv-ing)….along with other stuff….I was so happy getting the rig fixed and easy fix at that…no $100 per hr. with 1 hr. min…he said it would only take 30 min and that was it..he charged $35 for diagnoses & labor..and $20 for parts…if you are ever in Northwest PA and have a problem you have to check this place out…Wagner's in Greenville…they have been here as long as I can remember….even have their own machine shop….this after my $200 oil change….you bet while in FL I will be looking for someone else…even if I have to travel..spend the night…who cares…it will be a fun spending time at a campground…if I am going to spend money like that I might as well try and find a fun time doing it…Well as I sit here typing this…the sun came out!!! sure hope it stays around a while…but the forecast is for rain every day..I guess this moisture is a continuation of the wet snowy winter…it can stop anytime now….I will start my painting now before I run out of steam…thanks for looking and come back soon

blessings to all G&M

No comments:

Post a Comment