Saturday, September 5, 2015

THINGS & GETTING READY….

Some things I have seen….

while riding around the PA country side this summer…for one reason or another…. like on the way to Hermitage and the camp ground … the old covered bridge below…when I was a kid and even into when I first married early 60’s this bridge was in use…one lane…I guess the  vehicles were a lot smaller back then …when I stand there up close I can not figure out how we ever crossed …it looks so small…the powers that be…have made it into a sweet little park…there are hiking/walking trails that run along the river..and there is a kayak/canoe launch…in the last couple years the local Geocaching club place about 200 caches along the Shenango River the river starts at Pymatuning State  Park and runs into the Shenango Lake probable 20 miles give or take….there is also a River Watch group that regularly patrol the river and keep it passable…cleaning it up..a nice place…a place to visit in this area…

20150824_091359

A couple years ago…while traveling the back roads I started taking pix of old barns and buildings mostly barns…the one below I seen last week ….it looks more like a horse barn out in the middle of a pasture rather than a working barn …filled with hay and cows…I like these types of things…like taking pix and looking at them…I really would like to get up close and explore them…but privite property I would not…I even like the ones that are falling apart…basically I like  old things….one thing about being here this summer I loved looking at all the different shades of green…the land scape is actually very beautiful…with the wild flowers sprinkling in some color…so much different than in Florida….

20150829_140843

And the rest of the story….

A few days ago my son came to help me with the bathroom sink problem…while he was here I ask him to wash the roof on the motor home…so he did and went ahead and washed the whole thing…thank you son…all week in the mornings I have been working on cleaning and packing and repacking…I am getting everything in the house out and in the rig…I want to bring in a new real estate person before I leave…I am not at all happy with the one I have ..our contract is up Sept. 17 and if I can get someone else to give me a contract until next spring I will do it…if not and they want a year…I am going just put up a for sale sign with my phone # …someone wants to see it I will call my son to go show it…he is an excellent salesman…and if he sells it he will get commission…not someone who says he is going to do things to push it and doesn’t..like open house and such….

20150903_091245Nice clean rig….

The back bay repacked…the middle of the bay is empty right now….but I am sure when I get everything together I will fill it and might even be a repack…

20150903_094513Need a repack??

My pic of Maggie girl today (Sat.) …this was taken on our last trip together…Sparrow Pond to get the roof leak fixed…our ritual on our way out..WM or gas…she would watch me doing what ever…this was at WM… was thinking about that trip…remember sitting behind the rig looking at the pond watching for wild life…and fisher people…with her sitting on my lap….her little head and eyes moving all  over looking and looking…. I am really missing her today… Sad smileSad smileSad smile

20150823_210301

Thanks  for looking and come back soon

blessings to all G&M

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you success in selling the house.... I love your barn photos... and especially love the covered bridge. Maggie will always be with you with such good memories.

    ReplyDelete