Saturday, May 23, 2015

CAMPING WORLD, THIRFT & a CHICk..

I have been…..

putting off this trip for awhile…was going to stop on my way north but things are not working out for that…so the other day I took off in dads car holding my breath… that it would make it…and my back would hold out…my back does not do good driving that old car…

20150518_104009_resized

this store is located in Cocoa FL only a 30 min. drive north of Melbourne..it is not a very big store but it had most of what I  needed…the one thing I  do need they did not have…want those hooks that your put over your ladder on the back of rig…to haul things on…I did sign up for Passport America got 3 extra months and renewed my Good Sam Club…while  I was there took a look at a few rigs…I did see one used that I would not mind having …25 ft. I really think I want smaller…I forgot to take pix …below is a new retro TT….I took this pix just as I was getting in the car outside the fence…I wish I had  a vehicle that I could rent a U-haul trailer and practice pulling and backing up …if I could do it I would get a TT…I really miss not having another vehicle besides my rig…it is just a tad to big to drive on an every day basis…I do not go and do very much because of that…I think I would be a lot happier with my circumstances if I could do more…I feel trapped most of the time….well moving on…

20150518_104054_resized

I took I-95 up to Cocoa but took US-1 back…wanted to check out a few things while I was out and about..I  passed a road that I need to take to a quilt shop so pulled into a plaza to check maps on my phone …and there just happened to be a big old thrift store in front of me…so of course I had to take a look…besides it was hot and I needed some A/C…so in I  went…

20150518_111617_resized_1

This was a very big hospital thrift store…lots of clothes …thrift stores, flea markets don’t hold the interest and fun for me like they use to…there was a time many years matter of fact when I had my store that I could not get enough …because having vintage/antique store I repurposed things I got a lot of stuff at these places including yard sales also ..and every once in a while I would run across a great buy on some antique and make a good profit on…but that’s no longer part of my life so most of the thrill is gone for this sort of thing…

20150518_110323_resized

I finally got out of there and on the right road to this store…this is a wonderful quilt and fabric store…sooooo much in there quilts hanging every where and material way to much for this new-B to take in…I got overwhelmed and had to leave…I was hungry also ..so maybe if I had been fortified with food I could have handled it…. lol…but  I  will go back this winter…

20150518_113912_resized

So guess where my next stop was…yes my fav fast food place…I always get 10 pc. nugget with waffle fries with ice tea…now no ice tea…kidney doc says no more…so get root beer…after that it was time to head back to Melbourne…

20150518_120434_resized

And the rest of the story….

Was able to work things out so my RV friend and I will caravan on to the north country…we will meet up on 95 north of Melbourne and plan from there…we are in no hurry so we can go as slow as we want …might even get to see a few sights…hope I can use my new Passport America card for my 50% off !!! well that’s if for now …thanks for looking and come back soon blessings to all G&M

No comments:

Post a Comment