Monday, May 11, 2015

A DAY AT THE PARK……

Last week we took…

another day trip to Wickham Park day use area…I could kick my lazy self for not going more often when the weather and temp was not so nasty hot,,,,below is pic of the pond we parked across the road…usually we are on the other side of the road….on this side there is some shade…

20150502_155153_resized

And this pic was what we saw out the door…put my rocking chair out there and Maggie's bed …a nice place to spend the day….we also did some walking…took a walk to the campground about 1/2 mile away also…

20150502_155054_resized

When sitting in the rocker looking up this is what I saw…this park is filled with these pine trees…gnarly old things but they are really beautiful….the pics I take of them do not do them justices …maybe  if I had a better camera ….

20150502_154948_resized

When I moved the rig up a little closer to the pond and more shade…I went out the door and these to guys came running up…to greet me….lol…

20150502_095427_resized

But when they found out they were not going to be fed…the turned and waddled off….and I could tell they had an attitude because they are use to being fed ..even tho there are signs saying not to feed the wild life….they are kind of an odd pair…to be hanging out…

20150502_095411_resized

And the rest of the story…

Today day after Mothers Day….we are sitting in camp drive way…slowly working prepping rig to roll …seems like it is taking me a long time..I guess since the jell-o bowl plan is not to leave until day after Memorial Day I have plenty of time…I did not see the Mocking birds this morning so I peeked in the bush…and I think that dang black cat got them …..grrr…I like cats but do not like that trait they have…I know they were there yesterday as I watched mom & dad feeding them…I wonder if they will lay eggs in that nest again.. anyone know??  Dad has to go to the doc for pace maker check tomorrow…I think I will check on a new day trip area…pic below …shows what a commercial area I live in…as this is not far from dads south on US-1…click to make it larger…on another note…I did not move my b log to Google + yet nor do I  want to but they just might do it for me…I would like to know if I still have readers & did you move to Google + I know of one b log that move … I can not longer read…I guess that Google will move all off us at some time…your input will be greatly appreciated …

20150511_090403_resized

Well guess I better get busy …thanks for looking and come back soon…blessings to all G&M

2 comments:

  1. I haven't moved our blog yet and if Blogger is already part of Google it should be seamless. The blog you are referring to probably panicked and cancelled it which would cause them to loose all their past posts.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see all the past post I just can't find the new ones I guess they want me to make a google plus account it's the tech guy Rick Doyle I'm looking for his new blog

    ReplyDelete