Saturday, May 31, 2014

DAY 3

We left camp…

Wal Mart around 9am….looking for a nice State Park to camp in for a couple days…ended up at Sesquicentennial State Park..I stayed here on my way back to Florida last fall…Below is a pic our pull thru site and  of Maggie checking out the site and looking for squirrels…

100_7325

and again the picnic table is way to far for me to use and to heavy for me to move…it would be nice to eat out there with out having to carry my food so far…

100_7327

In this pic is the view out the door..nice carpet of pine needles…keeps the dirt down…the sites mostly not level (changed my mind about sites will show pix and post about it)…there are a few tho that you can wiggle around and find a level part.. that is what I did with this one…this is I piney forest on hills…with roots all over the place…a few sites for larger rigs…most for small and tents ….I will take more pix tomorrow…

100_7329

Maggie pic of the day…so you know about how big she is…she weights just under 10lbs and stands at the shoulder just under 12 in…she is small just the right size for a show dog…some day I will tell you her story and how I got her…maybe for her birthday in July…

2014-05-30_16-09-33_492

And the rest of the story…

we left I-95 at I-26 heading in land to I-77 heading north…I use to go up 95 the whole way to VA …but I really hate that highway…a few years ago I took I –81out of Winchester VA (my daughter and family live in Winchester)  heading south to Florida… then hit 77 to 26 then 95 on down to Melbourne…this driving is so much better than the I-95 race track..it is a little more hilly …but being from PA this is not much of a problem for me…so this is the route I take now when traveling back and forth….some day I will take it easy and see the USA on the secondary roads slow and easy taking my time and enjoy…I do enjoy my trips now because it gets me out and on the road…and I love the campgrounds esp. the State Parks….my fav at this point…Tomorrow I want to walk one of the trails … might be doing this in the AM before it gets to hot…thanks for looking and come back soon…blessings to all G&M

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture of Maggie! It looks very peaceful in your temporary spot. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are taking your time and enjoying the journey home. Thanks for the photos and description. It's fun to travel along with you and Maggie.

    ReplyDelete