Thursday, May 29, 2014

2014…PA TRIP DAY ONE…

We got off to….

a slightly late start this morning…I had to wait for the WM pharmacy to open at 9…so was a little before 10 when we actually left Melbourne..in pic below is our lunch stop found a shady spot in a parking lot by a Target store…we spent an hr. for lunch…had to elevate my legs…

100_7306

And this was our….

first over night stop…it is just to hot for boon docking need my A/C  ….so I opted to hit  a campground…Linda suggested Walkabout in GA…so that is were we called it a day this is our spot below….

100_7308

it is a nice little stop over CG…no shade …sites are all pull thru and level…I think the site below  is the camp host spot…a beautiful fence full of honeysuckle…smelled divine!..

100_7309

it had a cute little bird house nestled in the middle of it…I love honeysuckle….I remember my grandparents on my moms side …had it behind their garage….

100_7311

They have a nice pool… but I did not take advantage of it…by the time I got set up …took Maggie for a walk…ate …it started to thunder so figured I  would not like to chance it…lighting not thanks….

100_7314

They also have a couple small trails…but again with storms brewing…this will have to be for some other time…if I stop here again…

100_7317

And the rest of the story…

It was pretty much an uneventful trip…the traffic was ok…racing down the highway way to fast for me…that part makes me nervous… I only drove 210 miles today this is really not very far for me….I use to drive several 100 miles at a time…it took me 5 hrs just to do 210. I stopped 3 times my legs held up pretty good but my hands really hurt after a couple hrs…gripped the wheel to hard I guess..…bad me ..after I got set up with elec and water…I did not check the faucets to make sure they were turned off….yikes…Maggie was grrr’ing at something by the bathroom door…I went over to check and there it was.. water running all over the floor…the sink faucet  in bathroom was on and of course the stopper was in…and it over flowed….thank goodness for nosey Maggie…lol…we are all settled in for the night…not any good stations on the TV…so it might be an early night…I think tomorrow night if it is still so hot… we will be staying at a state park in SC…I will post this in the morning so it will be a day behind..all for now thanks for looking and come back soon…blessings to all  G&M

100_6691

3 comments:

  1. Now that the air has been purged from your water lines you will be able to leave the faucets turned off for future travels. That should save you from another flood.
    Ba Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treats for Maggie the observant! She's a very good co-pilot. We always stop at Walkabout. Troy and his family are great folks. South Carolina parks by the water are wonderful but have gotten pretty expensive. We don't stay there any more and I really liked them. I'll be interested to see which state park you stay in.

    ReplyDelete