Thursday, November 1, 2012

THE BEACH ON WED.

2012-10-31_12-02-59_128Wow even though the hurricane was around 200 miles away from us out to sea, the beach erosion was really bad. I would hate to see if it was closer or made land fall here. 2012-10-31_12-24-44_683The dunes that you see at the far left of the pic, is what's left of them. The were clear out to the end of the steps, and the steps are about 5 feet under sand. They were much longer then they are now.
2012-10-31_12-00-47_636Sandy brought in sand and took away sand. The rock formations were not here before, you could not see them. I am amazed at what I am seeing at the beach.2012-10-31_11-58-58_295And shells, it is shell heaven here right now, all up and down the beach is looks like this. In some places it is 4 in. deep in shells. I went out for a walk and got some for my dd to paint here Santa's on. I think I will come back tomorrow with my scooper and get some to make a few crafty things. I was going to try the generator again today but was having to much fun on the beach so just at my lunch cold and went on with beachy things. Talked to a man that was cracking open large clams. He uses them for fishing bait. Salts them down in fridge over nite and that keeps them hard so they don’t fall of hook. Learn something new everyday. I will be coming back here on Thurs. All for now thanks for looking and come back soon
blessings G&M

No comments:

Post a Comment