Thursday, October 14, 2010

ROAD TRIP START FRIDAY

LUNCH STOP
DOWN THE PA TURNPIKE

LOT OF THIS ON TURNPIKE


ALLEGHENY MOUNTAIN TUNNEL



JAM UP AT BREEZEWOOD WEATHER : TEMP 60 some what cool but sunny!
This is a 5 part catch up road trip post!!!
Forgot to take pic's to turnpike and getting on, the first one is when we stopped for lunch was so crowded we had to park illegal. I packed lunch so we didn't take to long. Ate in the truck. I takes about 5 hrs or so to get to my daughters house. We made a couple stops so took use about 1/2 hr more. As you can see the foliage is still mostly green on the way down, but if you check the last post of this road trip you will see a big difference only 4 days can make. And of course there was the on going construction on the turnpike, I have been going to VA for 25 years and never had a clear road the whole way. We are about 3/4 of the way when we get to the Allegheny Mountain Tunnel, so I am always glad to see it. Another 30 min and we are in Breezewood a major hub along the turnpike. It is always crowded, as you can see, by the pic. I felt tiny between these two! Then to I-70 to 522 S. on to Winchester VA. Let the fun begin. Been awhile for fun times around here, all the work going on this summer!
No cache today.
Thanks for stopping by !
G&M





No comments:

Post a Comment