Sunday, March 23, 2014

THIS & THAT…..

My strawberry short cake …
I ate at the festival last weekend…there is cake under all that….was good…but there is no strawberry like the ones up north in PA…homegrown…sorry Florida…..
100_7106
This is a trail …
we took from the parking lot at the festival…I was thinking it would take me to the camp ground and I was right…
100_7108
We also then took a walk around part of the main park…they were setting up for the Run Away Country music festival they were having this weekend…they put up this chain link fence around the main stage area…today I road by Wickham Park main gate and the whole place as far in as I could see was jam packed with RV’s all boondocking….the campground and park  was closed to the public,…only ticket holders could camp there or enter the park..….first come first serve…hence the boondocking ..this is one of two events they close the park to the public each year.…
100_7110
Today Sat (22nd)….
I used dads car today and did a little exploring…I want to find some other day camp parks that Maggie and I can spend time at…I was looking at Google maps and seen some south on US-1 …while on the way I ran into this…..
100_7129
but when we got out and checked it out..found it was more of a mini craft show…seen these cute Fairy Gardens…I have been wanting to make these for a couple years…
100_7127
Click the pix to check out the details….
100_7126
I talked to a couple of vendors and they said it was well attended each weekend and they did pretty good..only $20 a day or $30 for the weekend…this is something I might try and make some extra $$$ this next winter…they said lot of snow birds come every weekend…at this point in time I cant afford to set up at a reg. craft show…so this might be the answer for me…I did find some other parks along the intercostal water way that I plan on checking out…I will post pix and tell about them when I do….hopefully next week…as usual I am really tired of camp driveway ….looks like all my RV friends are on the road…happy for them but makes me sad Sad smile…as it stands now I will be heading to PA…the middle of May or first of June depending on weather…I cant wait…on the medical front I have appointment on Monday morning to find results of test….I will leave it here for now…thanks for looking and come back soon…blessings to all G&M

4 comments:

  1. The little fairy gardens are cute! I wonder if they're expensive to put together? Very nice that you found this farmer's market! We had strawberries on angel food cake with real whipped cream last weekend. The strawberries were from Mexico & good but not nearly as good as local berries in season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn from what I have seen the fairy gardens would be very inexpensive to make...buying junk from yard sales and flea markets...I think that you are suppose to use succulents for the plants...

      Delete