Thursday, March 20, 2014

THE LAST FEW DAYS….

100_7099
Monday:  got lab work done finally…after office messed up with the billing codes….ins was not going to pay anything…then did 4 loads of laundry and did a little trimming on the bushes on side of back yard…did not get that finished…so another days work sometime this week…it is getting to hot for me here most days…this afternoon will work on re-arranging the rig and getting rid of some stuff…Storm warnings going on all day…right now mid afternoon we have tornado watch…
100_7100
Sunday: got up and out the door early…Took Maggie and went over to the Strawberry Fest….here in Melbourne..it starts at 8 AM an since I was taking the RV I needed to go early and get parking where no one could park me in that seems to happen if you don’t pay attention…I went mostly to see the craft show…I talked to a couple crafters and they were not too happy…business was not good and they are not happy with the people running the show…one of the crafters even said that they treat the craft people as 3rd class citizens …I have noticed every year there is a big turn over…I seen a lot of empty spaces…they told me that some vendors left after only one day it was so bad…
100_7101
Sat… after going to a few yard sales…I  tried to get the lawn mower stared…tried for several hrs.…enlisting dads help…finally figured we were not going to get it started…so we loaded into the trunk of dads car and he took it to get fixed,..never again will I go thru that …it really bothered my arm and shoulder that was finally getting better and ended up with sharp pains going thru the middle of my back …all from pulling the string and lifting it into trunk…told dad he will have to either buy a new mower or hire someone to mow… I am pushing 70 here and can not do the things I use to….I think I pretty much look the same as I did 10 years ago…so people think I can still do all that hard physical work… (and sometimes I have to remind my self I cant either)… when in the real world that’s over for me…that pretty much shot the day…but I did find time to give Maggie girl a bath…So that was the weekend ….will leave it here and be back later..thanks for looking and come back soon….blessings to all G&M

2 comments:

  1. It's sad to hear the crafters are not treated well. Without them, most people wouldn't attend. Crafting is a hard way to make a living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love craft shows - but agree that the organizers need to treat their vendors well or they won't have a show. :(

    I'm usually feeling really great - but I don't do ANY of that heavy stuff I used to do. I'll either enlist someone stronger to help, or it won't get done. I'm not too proud to tell people asking for help that I have a touchy back - it's just not worth straining our backs at our age. I hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete