Friday, April 24, 2015

MANATEE LOOK-OUT & COOL BRIDGE…

The other day….

I had to take dad for his doctor check up…that building behind the sign is the office…it was not too hot yet so went for a walk…I ended up across the river at this little park…Melbourne is full of this little parks…this place is where Manatee come in from the Indian River (intercostal water way) in the winter where the water is warm…lot of tourist come here looking for them…

20150422_094958_resized

Standing at the sign looking down the walk way sheltered pavilions and benches …this is a very quiet and peaceful place to pass some time…to the right and across a large parking lot is the Old Town of Melbourne,….lots of shops you might see in a tourist area…this weekend they are having an Art Show on the main street I am trying to make a plan to go…take the RV early to that large parking lot and spend the day…I have to go early because this is a very popular show and very busy…and I need to get a parking place…my problem is the weather…it is going to be hot and humid temp 91 ….so to keep cool when needed…I will have to run the generator …not sure if that will be a problem or not….anyway I am still thinking about it….There is more to this park but this is where I was this day…

20150422_095018_resized

Turning around and looking the other way ….is the bridge that a walked across from the Doc office to get here…so this is the way I went to look for more interesting things…and I didn’t have to go far to see some…

20150422_095046_resized

The brick walk way went all the way underneath the bridge there is more of the park on the other side…and take a look at what I saw!! so very cool…and a neat surprise…all the cement pillars were painted with typical Florida…artful scenery …the ocean beach ….I spent a lot of time looking at it all…both sides of the road the pillars were painted….on all four sides…

20150422_095215_resized

On the other side were surfer's …light houses… birds and even a fisherman…amongst other cool things…I think it is great when one runs across things like this totally out of the blue and unexpected…another thing about this is it is very clean and well kept…. signs stating no loitering or littering under the bridge ….the Melbourne Parks and Rec’s take very very good care of the parks…

20150422_095226_resized

A few more pic’s of the art work….

20150422_095727_resized

Sail boats and looks like a Blue Heron…

20150422_095831_resized

I did have a problem when I thought about walking across the bridge …(not liking high places)…but I decided I need to try and do something about this problem..maybe a little at a time on some not so high places like this bridge….the time of crossing I was not sure what I was more afraid of…the height or the traffic that was buzzing by way to fast…it is US 1 that runs up the east coast from Key’s to Maine…and in most places in my area of Florida they drive way to fast…and I mean fast…just up the the road from here is where that guy hit my Toyota truck and knocked it clear off the road and and into a parking lot in a 35 speed zone… way over 35 he was traveling….

20150422_100647_resized

Anyway I made it over and back…US 1 is also a scenic byway…in Melbourne it is very busy and fast…with lots of vehicles I tried to get a break in the traffic to get a pic…this bridges cross over the Crane Creek that flows into the Indian River Lagoon…I do admit that there is a lot of things to see and do along this highway…I have thought I would like to travel it from one end to the other…but maybe avoiding when it goes thru big cities…

20150422_100710_resized

And the rest of the story…

Still not much going on around camp drive way…it is  getting way to hot for even a day trip… this tin box heats up real fast…and if you cant find a shady place to park …no trip…I am still planning on heading  to PA for the summer…not sure yet when but getting things ready to roll…not sure what  I will do today but will find something…all for now thanks for looking and come back soon….blessings to all..G&M

PS…Made a post on my other bl og if you want to take a look….link below

http://redapplejunction.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment