Sunday, April 12, 2015

MORE THIS & THAT…

This was the sun rise….

on Easter morning at my Home Park..(just around the corner from dads) …I went there to attend  sun rise service that a local church does but they were not there this year,,,so we just enjoyed the sun rise…thinking about the “Son That Rose”…it was a beautiful morning and day,..I had planned on spending the whole day there so I took the RV and we watched all the families and boaters that came for the day also…was a little sad…wished I had some family here to spend a special day with…any day for that matter…all my family is “up north” as they say…

20150405_072117_resized

Not long after sun rise this man came along and put this boat in …he was from State Law Enforcement…

20150405_073025_resized

The next thing I know he is over on the other dock talking with this fishermen…as time went on I could see he was doing a safety check….I see them doing this often when it is a holiday and this place is packed with boaters of all kinds ….kayaks…canoes …water boards…but really this place is mostly packed each weekend… they check good for life jackets…I seen them pull out kayakers that had no LJ …I know if I want a good place to park the rig I have to get here just before day break…I back in by the dock so that I have grass out the door with the water right there…then I set up my chair and Maggie's bed and we are good for the day…

20150405_073722_resized

As it was still early morning there was a flock of young  white Ibis that came along… here are a couple you can tell they are young because the are still molting their brown plumage…

20150405_071158_resized

In the pic below is what they were wading around in the river for…if you click on the pic it will look like it is raining on the water…but it really is Mullet a bait fish that hang around this water way….fisher people come here daily to throw their casting nets out to catch these bait fish..it makes me wonder where they all come from..one would thing that they are all fished out…but not so…

20150405_071232_resized_1

The fish on this day were very very small…like only an inch or two big…pretty soon along came a whole bevy of birds…after these ity bity morsels….this was really fun watching this cycle of life…felt bad for the fish…but we would not have the beautiful wild life with out them…what upset me this day was that some idiot  caught a bunch of the Mullet and instead of returning them to the river they emptied the net on shore and let them die…the birds will not eat the dead fish…this happened before I got there as I did not see them do this..the Mullet that were here at this time were too small to use as bait fish…stupid people..

 

20150405_072818_resized

And the rest of the story…

That was the first outing I have had since I came back from HL….so not much going on ..I have started to pack up my art/craft room (to keep out mildew over the hot humid summer) cause I decided to head to PA for the summer…I think my dad is doing better…even a neighbor lady though so…so I got people lined up to keep an eye on him and I am headed out…not sure when yet…need to see that Great Granddaughter…she will be a year old in a couple months and I haven't see her since she was about 6weeks old…the weather here is just like summer hot humid and thunder storms each late afternoon and early evening…it got bad  last night tornado warning came up on TV so I unplugged and went in the house for the night…my glasses broke a couple weeks ago…I was hoping the would hold off until I can get my cataracts removed…the were old and I knew they were not in good shape…so I went to WM with an old prescription I had (last summer doc could not get my prescription good so I could see better) so the old one will do for now…got a cheap pair at WM…they called last night they were in so I will go get them today…all I got for now thanks for looking and come back soon …blessings to all G&M

No comments:

Post a Comment