Sunday, December 22, 2013

SAT FUN AND EXCITEMENT…..

Melbourne Fl Beautiful weather High 83 Low 69….
On the way over to the campground…
I made a stop at a Publix…. there is one  on the way… and a Pet Supermarket be side it had the  Florida Animal Hospital out front with these two wonderful birds..This little fellow American Screech Owl..(I didn’t know they had to tell me) such a small little guy…a sweetie…look at the girls hand…he is only about the size of it…
2013-12-21_09-59-49_812
And then there was this stately looking guy… Great Horned Owl ( they had to tell me that also) now he was more the size I thought an owl should be…it took a few min. to get a pix..he kept turning his head away…I was in a hurry and could not ask more questions I had…but I did leave them a donation in their jar….they were there trying to raise funds…
2013-12-21_10-00-17_686
Later on in the…
day after getting set up at the campground we went to the dog park with MM and Harley dog…Every time a new dog would arrive everyone would run over to the gate and meet and greet them…with much barking going on…I wonder what they are saying to each other…
2013-12-21_13-31-00_245
Maggie did pretty good…this was sort of her first time at a dog park…we were there one other day but there weren’t any dogs there…so this was her first interaction with dogs in a large goupe off leash…here in pix below she is meeting up with a fellow that seemed to like her …and there is Harley in the back ground guarding a ball…
2013-12-21_13-25-24_120
And the rest of the story….
We did have some excitement on our walk back…we were walking along minding our own business and these two labs came running up and around us…causing Maggie and Harley and their Mama’s a few frightening moments…they were off leash (first broken rule of the park) and when the guy that was following behind them calling to them…well lets say they were ignoring him …he had no control what so ever over them…we kept yelling at him to come get his dogs…finally he got to where we were and the dogs followed him across the road way and into part of the park that had a sign NO DOGS BEYOND THIS POINT…(second broken rule) we had to stop and catch our breath for awhile..we watched him and the dogs walk all over that area and he never did put them on the leash…I do not seem to have good luck with labs…Well all for now thanks for looking and come back soon…. blessings to all G&M

1 comment:

  1. Man oh man, I just HATE that. It's such a dangerous situation. If I'm in a place where someone keeps their dogs off leash, I always walk with my walking stick, and if I'm feeling threatened, I'll raise it at them. I wouldn't hesitate to stab a dog threatening Katie and me. I also have a whistle and Mace attached to her leash handle, so if I had the thought in time, I'd use those. The whistle would also raise attention if there is anyone in the area. You might want to complain to the camp host or office. I'm glad it all turned out all right. :)

    ReplyDelete