Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TOMATO'S & A WOODPECKER

ABOVE: Here is our first spring tomato's getting ripe. Dad planted cherry (these ) and Roma for the spring/summer. Roma not ripe yet, but soon.
ABOVE: The problem woodpecker. This morning sitting on window, this innocent looking bird, has cause havoc all day long. Pecking constantly at my window today. Still at it @ 5 pm. Maggie has been going postal all day. We have tinted windows and on the out side in the day light it is a mirror. He sees himself and thinks it is his new mate. I don't know the mating habits of woodpeckers but he hits at the window , chirping and his tail feathers are out like a fan. So I think that is what is going on.
I put up a scare crow of sorts, you can see how the windows are mirrors. You can see me taking a pic.
This is his nest. You can see him sitting on the top if you right click and enlarge pic. A few years ago the power co. came to change out the power pole. When they were working dad went out and told them that a woodpecker nested in the pole. The said no problem and cut that part of the old pole and attached it to the new one. And bingo.... woodpecker had a new old home. Right now he is sitting on the window looking at himself. I think he is wore out.
WEATHER IN MELBOURNE FL: nice 79 and sunny with breeze. Thanks for looking and come back soon
Blessings
G&M

2 comments:

  1. My birdy guess is that he thinks the reflection is an interloper to his territory. He's trying to get rid of him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...well Judy you would sure know better than me.... I love birds and love to watch them...but he is on my last nerve!!!!

    ReplyDelete