Tuesday, September 14, 2010

EAGLE NEST, CACHE & A NICE LUNCH

GOING CASHING....WHAT'S THIS?
EAGLE NEST ON POWER POLE!

AROUND THE CORNER A CACHE

CASHE A CAMO PILL BOTTLE




LUNCH IN A BOX




LUNCH VIEW





MORE LUNCH VIEW WEATHER : 72 Sunshine beautiful!!
I had to go out of town today to get Maggie some food and treats. On the way we looked for a new cache that listed last week. It was located down by the Shenango Dam. Last month when I took Dad down that way, I saw an eagle's nest on a power pole, just before where the cache is located. At that time it had a young eagle in it, now I wish I had taken the time to return and get a pic of it, because now its gone. But the nest is still there, I have seen a couple nest on poles that the ACOE put out in the lake for nesting eagles , but never on a live wire and never with a baby in it ! This was on a causeway crossing the lake. Way too cool I think!
Just at the end of the causeway around the corner was the new cache. Not very hard, a guardrail cache and not a pretty view to boot. Oh well got my neat view just before.
Went and got Maggie's stuff, and found a few other cache's. Will post them another time when I haven't any to post about. We found 4 out of 5 today.
In between we got a lunch in a box from KFC. I like to eat their chicken once in awhile. We took it down my the Shenango and found a picnic table with a view and ate. Chicken strips, cole slaw , biscuit and a Dr Pepper. I brought an apple from home. We had a good day away from all the work we have been doing all summer. I think I am winding down on that for this year.
I continue to read my RV blogs on those that are blessed and able to go full timing in an RV! I guess I am living my RV life at this time thru them. I have several that I read everyday. Some people read novels, I read blogs. Alot of them the peeps go geocaching as they travel, in fact that is where I first heard of geocaching.
I think I am going to try and do a few fun things now before leaving for FL. Take few day trips and caching around here. I know I'm going to VA the second weekend in Oct to my daughters and we are going to Color Fest in Thurmont MD. For years we set up and sold at this show, now it will be fun just to go and enjoy. It is huge, very had to see everything in one day. I will take pic's and post about it when I go.
Well guess that's all for today
Happy Caching
G&M






No comments:

Post a Comment