Wednesday, July 2, 2014

BEFORE & AFTER…

And a rose….

that survived the bad PA winter…this is a peach color rose…I have had this bush for about 15 years..and I has been cut back a bunch a times…it must have liked the winter cause it has never had so many blooms on it as this year…

100_7510

Before and after…

The kitchen before pic…I started on the hardest part the windows and upper cabinets…had to use the ladder for this part ..I am not too fond of using the ladder at my age…but I was carful and it worked out ok…

100_7497

And the after…when I painted it green and gold it was in the time when country decorating was big..and it did look good for that period…but for selling it was due for a change…white and yellow is a much better seller and it was time for  a change….I did put the green curtains back up…if I were going to stay and live here the walls would be painted red…a red and white kitchen is so retro cool..I painted the kitchen in the house I rented for my store red…it was big hit…people would walk in the door and ask..where is the red kitchen we have heard about…it was a big big draw….it was great for all the retro vintage items I sold..a lot of “red kitchen stuff”..

100_7533

My neighbor wanted to know if I knew what this was…did not…so thought I would post it around the net and see if I could find out….it is very similar to the bottom of an old wooden ironing board…but it is not…

100_7523

This is the only thing that is on it…anyone out there know what this is..???

100_7525

The rest of the story…

I have run out of data with my Verizon plan so I am not sure when this will be posted…I have been doing post on Live Writer and storing them so I will post when I run into some free Wi-Fi…I have slowly painting on the kitchen as you see in pix above…I cant paint for long periods of time because of my legs…I will be glad when I get the veins fixed this fall….I would normally have this painted 2 coats in 2 days…I have been on this a week already …only 2/3 done…also been gathering things that are left for another yard sale..I am going to have at least 2 then I will be done…the left overs will be sold to a dealer , donated or pitched…I really would like to get away in the RV for a day or two…Liz might me stopping here on her way to MA at the end of July…so that will be fun..and I think I will look for some local day trips to take maybe every two weeks or so…that is all a can afford …due to the price of gas..makes me sick the way they manipulate  us…but I will not go there….basically I still have a lot to do but no way near what it was…so thanks for looking and come back soon..blessings to all G&M

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful rose - I used to have roses in my yard in Sacramento. It's nice to grow them in your garden.

    I like the white in the kitchen, and I think the curtains look nice, too. I would leave them, for sure.

    I have no idea what the Ridgley Trademark item is - It looks like another word on the bottom that I can't read. I did a quick search, but nothing appropriate came up. Interesting... Let us know if you find out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barbara...love my roses...i found out what the ridgely thing is...wall paper table .i will post about it next...

    ReplyDelete