Wednesday, March 20, 2013

NATURE…

NATURE AT ITS BEST
While I was walking a trail at Wickham Park the other day…I was so surprised to see this stark contrast'. Click and enlarge pic.
2013-03-12_12-29-27_22At some point in time there was a fire in this area of the park. Look at the black trunks on the palm trees.
2013-03-12_12-30-12_156And then when you take a closer look …what do you see but the bright green of nature revitalizing itself. Wow what a contrast this was…my pic’s are not near the beautiful color I saw that day. But click on it to see better. You get a good look at the charred pine tree next to the palm. Charred palm with new bright green shoots sprouting.
THE WATERING HOLE…..
2013-03-12_12-33-39_578And another thing I saw that day was these little watering stations. This one is stainless steel bowl bolted to a wood bench. A few others were same bowls bolted to cement blocks. I am not sure who puts these out …the park rangers, maybe? The all had fresh water in them for the wild life.
BUG EATING PLANTS….
That is what the sign said on these plants I seen at the festival I went to over the weekend. Strawberry Festival. They are called Pitcher Plants and  are a carnivorous plants whose prey-trapping mechanism features a deep cavity filled with liquid known as a pitfall trap. So the internet says. These were grown in a nursery and very large. I think they are pretty and very interesting.
028And that was about it for the weekend…the steps on the rig stopped working again…but I took the ones I got at Home Depot back because they were not wide enough…I am looking for another portable set…I will get the ones on the rig fixed sometime in the fall…I have been looking for some steps anyway as I don’t like these ones on the rig…Maggie has a hard time with them and so do I ..not big enough…
Well that’s it for now thanks for looking and come back soon.
blessings G&M

2 comments:

  1. thanks that was my camp site on the trip to Hillsborough St Park here in FL with the Women RV girls...I had a ball!!!

    ReplyDelete