Wednesday, July 18, 2012

HARIATAGE DAYS & PROGRESS


This past weekend our town had a small festival, Heritage Days. It was held at our local park Riverside Park. This was a vintage trolley that took you on a tour of the festivities and the park. I think they rented it from some other town.
This was also making the rounds of the park not sure if you could ride it or just look at it. It was a cool looking thing.

Also there was a few of these around. They blocked off main street and held a car show there. It was too hot for me, and I did not walk around to see any cars.

Seen these guys making apple butter there, they also were selling it. I didn't buy any. The only thing I got was a bbq chicken breast, and took it home to eat. Was just toooooo hot.
Had some re-inactors there also , these guys were shooting and the women were watching. Noisy sounded like canon fire.
This was their camp, I must say this town tries to do a few things, but just cant seem to get it together. The had some artist there, but they were so far apart and not grouped together so you could see them with out walking all over the park. And it was just too hot for that, My neighbor was there spinning but I never could find her, and there was not that many vendors there. Well at least they try which is more than they use to do.
Got one bedroom done and working on the next. But last two days been to hot for exerting much energy, so not doing much.I have no A/C!
Check out my other blog to see what crafty things I have going on, http://redapplejunction.blogspot.com/ I can sit with fan on me and do this stuff. Even Maggie is hot and doesn't want to play with her toys. I think next week we will take a camping trip for a couple days to one of the local state park campgrounds. We have 2 with in 10 miles of home. Son got my two seats out of the van, and i showed him how and where I wanted the bed plat form made. Might not get the done before next week but can at least use the memory  foam on the floor for a bed. Then in Aug my daughter is doing the Corn Fest show in Shippinsburgh PA and I want to go, camp out and see the show. So I want to have a test camp before then. Son also got my mail slot in the door, and he brought is lawn mower in and I mowed the lawn. The first time since I have been home, no rain here so not much growing,
Today will be a sit in front of fan and do some crafting. I have weather bug on my phone and it has been hotter here than in Melbourne. Go figure.
Well all for now thanks for looking and come back soon.
Blessings
G&M




No comments:

Post a Comment