Sunday, September 18, 2011

UPDATE---TRIP

WINCHESTER APPLE HARVEST: Back in the day when we did this show it would have been wall to wall people. I did did this show for about 18 years. It was a drizzle of rain day, and did pick up a little in the afternoon. My daughter did set up this year. Let you know how it was later.These tye dye have been around for ever, I thought that they would be done with here in the 2000's but they are still hanging in there. Double booth no less.Winchester is the home of White House apple sauce and other apple products. The had booths at each end of the show, with these antique vehicles. This one is horse drawn.And this one is an antique flat bed truck. I think these old things are great.
We left about 9 am Friday morning. Went what I call the back way, (not the PA turnpike) mostly on secondary roads. Took I-79 south until we hit the National Historic Highway in PA. US 40.
Nice drive with lots of history to see along the way, but slow driving. So it took almost 7 hrs what would have taken 5. Stopped a couple times and found one geocache along the way.
Sat. did not feel so great, this cold is a bummer, but went over to the crafts show and sat with my daughter. Not to exciting, rainy and cloudy day. Crowed was way down.
Sunday waiting for a while before I go sit with my daughter again. SIL is going to go watch the Steeler game later and I will go help her then. Think before I go, will go over to books a million and look around.
All for now thanks for looking and come back soon
Blessings Donna
..

No comments:

Post a Comment