Sunday, July 17, 2011

MY 300TH CACHE

This was the location of my # 300 found in 2 years. I started geocaching in July of 2010. This is an old iron bridge in Greenville that has been closed down for replacement. Who knows if that will ever happen. I have crossed this bridge many many times in my 66 years.The cache on the bridge, a magnet key holder. Looking over the bridge down into the river. Shallow now as we haven't had rain in a while, but I have seen this river flood the down town area. Another cache I found this morning. The hint was something about a bush. Yeah right...lol ...pick one. It took me awhile to find this one.The cache, for some reason I did not understand it was large, and was looking for something smaller. If I would have paid attention to the discrp, it would not have taken me so long. This cache is in a nice local park. This one in the same park, along one of the walking trails. The cache was not very far in along the trail, so I didn't get to see much of it or where it went or ended. Maggie was in the truck and I didn't want to leave her very long, even tho it was in the cool of the morning. Sometime before I got back to Fl I will take a walk along here. There are a few more caches in this park to find.This was the cache, easy find with a geopile of sticks.WEATHER in Greenville hot in 90's today.
I guess you could call this a mini 1/2 day trip of about 25 miles or so. I think when we live in one place all our lives, we don't think of the things we can see and do right in our own back yard. Like this park with its couple of walking trails. I think there is a small lake for fishing somewhere back in the wooded area. I can't take Maggie back in the woods, first off she hates the woods, and does not want to walk in them, she pulls against here leash when I try take her so I just stopped trying. And also I don't want flea's and ticks, even tho we use Frontline Plus.
I am going to be taking more mini day trips, even tho it makes me feel guilty not working on the house. But I am not going to do anything with it this year so I guess I got more time to do it. At least that's what I tell myself. Still no fridge , still living out of ice chest, not fun, would be ok if I were camping or something fun like that. Well all for now thanks for looking and come back soon
Blessings
grammy n maggie :)

2 comments: