Friday, June 9, 2017

DOWLING PARK….

Pheebe & I….

took a road trip awhile back…across the state towards the pan handle…we went to look at a RV/park model 55+ retirement community…now that the estate sale will be next weekend and the house willl be up for sale right after…we are going to be looking for a home…home base here in FL….

PHEE DOWok mama I am ready to go….

But no trip to the west side of the state would be complete if there was not a stop first at the Russell Stover Candy outlet in Wildwood…this time i was very conservative and only bought 2 bags of sugar free dark chocolate candy…

DOWL STOVER

I forgot to take a pic at the entrance …so I will go right to the campground…This is my site and Margie is right beside me…she came along …even tho she is not looking for a home she already lives in Winter Haven with Roger her DH…and 3 fur kids….it is a very small campground 15 sites for visitors and I guess is open to the public..not sure how long you can stay… as you can see we put our Clams side by side and when more than a few of us wanted to visit at night with out the skeeters we could sit I both and had no problem visiting…

DOW CAMP

One reason we went to this community was that our RV friend Liz just bought a park model here….and she held her first dinner party for us…. RV friends…Liz in blue chair right front next right to left Margie…Carol…and Brenda …we all were there to help her break in her new home…

LIZ HSEFirst dinner party…

LIZ DINScrumptious food…

This is a pic if a pond on the grounds…see a couple geese ….

DOW

This is one of the shopping centers at Dowling Park….

dowling 2Cool stuff…

Boardwalk down to the Suwannee River…I have always wanted to visit the Suwannee River when I fell in love with Stephen Foster and his wonderful music…when I was a kid…

dowlingSuwannee River boardwalk…

It was getting a little warm when we were there see the fan on the table at our pot luck…left side of table Liz & Brenda rigth side of table Margie & Carol…

untitledPot lucks aways good eats….

And the rest of the story…

While this is a wonderful community …I am not sure it is for me…it is out in the country maybe to far for me….and I really want to be along the coast or at least close to it…anyway it has been too long since I posted and a lot has been happeing…Had the estate sale and to say i was disappointed how it was handled would be an understatement….so I well just leave it at that…I put in a call to Habitat for Humanity and the collect most of the rest…I rented a storage unit for my stuff that I want to keep….I will not be full timing so I will need a few things…Ron got the house painted and it looks good …did not look bad before just need freshened…I still had things to get rid of so worked on doing that…over the last few months I had people asking about the sale of the house …so I took phone #’s and contacted the first on the list and sold the house…we are now waiting for a closing date…should be soon …then I will be foot lose and fancy free…or so they say…I have more but this is enough for this post…thanks for looking and come back soon…blessings to all GM&P…

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back and having fun with your friends.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete