Thursday, November 26, 2015

When you fly by the seat of your pants….

You get what you get what you get…meaning what ever… We left Melbourne early hoping to miss the rush hr. traffic…did not…Headed south on US-1..to busy so slipped over to I-95 .. thought we might head over to Lake Okeechobee…Carolb wanted to check it out…and since I had never been there …ok…went to  the Stuart area and cut across 76 to 441…looked like 441 followed the shore line around the lake on the east side…got there and started down the road…we thought we would at the south end of the lake hit a Visitors Center that was on the map…drove and drove and around each bend we were sure we would see the lake to our right..but all we seen was a big mound of land and here and there men and truck working hard at something we never did figure out…I think some where between Bean City and Lake Harbor we seen a nice size park…but still could not see Lake Okeechobee…we drove the whole way thru the park…signs saying watch out for gators…so Carol did not want to risk the 3 pups…we stop to talk about our next move …and I told her about the free dump station I seen on the way in…so we went back to use it…might as well get something out of this…all the while we were spitting and sputtering about where is that dang (&^%$%^) Lake….I seen a couple workmen over by a small retention pond..went to talk to them about the lake and what was behind this big mound that we see where the lake was suppose to be the lake was behind it…...but on this side it was mostly swap grass…any way when I got over to them one was beside the pond making a growl like sound…

20151118_143205See the gator….he started out at the end of the red pipe thing ….

as I was watching him I seen an alligator on the other side…he told me he was calling him…and sure enough the gator start slowly across the water toward us…longer story short ..the gator came right up to the shore in front of us ,..then seen it was not a gator calling and disappeared under the water not to be seen again….

20151118_143231He was calling with his hand cupped over his mouth..

20151118_143239As he called the gator got closer and closer ….

20151118_143254

We were standing on a bank about 6 ft. above the water and the gator…he did come closer than what you see in the pic above before he went under the water and left …from the noise I have heard on TV that gators make this guy was really good…This was the first encounter with gators…

At one point we stopped at a rest stop and walked the pups and our selves …we did a lot of stopping on this trip…

20151118_083936Carol and her fur babies….

One other place we stopped in pic below …we both found a few things we needed…like we each found a skirt …decided it was much cooler to ware skirts…

20151118_094409

Later we stopped near Miami Lakes at a Wal-Mart for the night…

20151118_114922

well that’s about all for the first day…as I remember it…Carolb did take me in circles a few times…lol…anyway more to come on this road trip…

Today is Thanksgiving ..Happy Thanksgiving all my family and friends wish I was with any.. all or some of you..…watching the parade…not cooking first time I think in my adult life have not cooked …even when I was alone some years still cooked because I love the Thanksgiving dinner left overs…I eat for a week on them….but since I am on the low fat…low carb…low salt…very low sugar diet…really a life style change in eating…no more TG dinner..I am working on all my new life style changes…all for now thanks for looking and come back soon…blessings to all G&M

No comments:

Post a Comment